Program Assistant, Institute for Curriculum Services (ICS), San Francisco, Part-time non-exempt, 28 hours/week (four days)
Position Description:The ICS Program Assistant provides support to ICS staff and reports to the ICS Director. This support includes office administration (especially database management), event planning, coordination and conference attendance (engaging with educators and promoting ICS curricular resources), solicitation mailings and thank you letters, and other research and tracking. Recent college graduate with an interest in Jewish studies and public school education welcome.
- B.A. in Social Sciences or Humanities.
- Knowledge about or interest in Judaism, Jewish History, and Israel.
- Advanced knowledge of databases. E-Tapestry preferred.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact/mass email programs.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong online research, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral (telephone) communication skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Pleasant, positive attitude, eager to help, flexible, team player, and self-starter.
- Professional and engaging with ICS constituents: supporters, educators, community professionals, etc.
- Discretion in handling donor information.
- Willingness to travel (up to six times a year).
- Website building and updating skills
Salary commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should send cover letters and resumes to Aliza Craimer Elias, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. ICS will only respond to polished applications that include a cover letter.